How we serve you may look a little different, but rest assured we have put these safety measures in place to put the health of our staff, patients and community above all else.
What we are doing:
- We employ a strict office policy that mandates that all optometrists, opticians, office staff, and patients not enter if they are feeling unwell or have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, have been exposed to a known case of COVID-19 or travelled within the last 14 days.
- All staff members wash or sanitize their hands before contact with each patient and throughout the day.
- All surfaces and equipment (front desk counters, telephones, pens, door handles, waiting room chairs) are sanitized regularly.
- Our office is equipped with hand sanitizer, and all patients are required to use it prior to entering.
- Our appointments are scheduled with extra time in between, so that our waiting area remains as empty as possible. Those sitting in the waiting area are spaced 6 feet apart.
- Our exam room surfaces and equipment are sanitized before each patient.
- The optometrist will wear a mask and glasses or a face shield.
- The optometrist will use plastic barrier shields on examination equipment where possible.
- All patients and customers are required to sanitize their hands prior to trying on frames. We also clean and sanitize frames after they have been tried on.
What we ask of you:
- All services will require an appointment. At this time, we cannot accept any walk-in's. There will be someone available at the door, by phone or email to arrange an appointment for you.
- Patients who have symptoms of COVID-19, have been advised to self-isolate, or have traveled outside Canada within the last 14 days will not be seen. You will be rescheduled.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask for adjustments or glasses pick-ups. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one in exchange for a small donation to Orbis.
- A maximum of 1 other person may accompany the patient. Please do not bring children unless they are the one being serviced.
- We regret that we will not have a bathroom available for patients. If you have an emergency, please speak to our staff.